Hallway beat down at Southfield High School posted on YouTube - New York News

Hallway beat down at Southfield High School posted on YouTube

Posted: Updated:
A YouTube video shows two girls involved in a fight at Southfield High School A YouTube video shows two girls involved in a fight at Southfield High School
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) -

There was a brutal beat down over a boy with dozens of witnesses at Southfield High School.  Now thousands are watching it on YouTube.  The two girls involved have been suspended for ten days.

Watch Andrea Isom's report to see the YouTube video.

We're told Laneisha Threatt's daughter was unconscious for a couple of minutes.  In an Instagram photo, teachers can be seen tending to her after the brawl, but it's what her mom says two boys did during it that has her blood boiling.

"It was one-on-one.  It's a mutual fight, but for a boy to jump in it, two girls and a boy fight, that's not right at all.  That's not even safe," Threatt remarked.

The video shows boys stomping on her daughter and pulling out her hair.

Mom wants the person who posted the video on YouTube to be punished.

"I was shocked, embarrassed, like who put this on here," she said.

Sadly, this is not the only beat down posted on YouTube said to be from Southfield High School.  All of the videos are less than a year old.

A spokesperson with the school said they have zero tolerance for violence and the video is very disappointing.  They're working to learn the identities of the young men in the video, but that could take some time.  They're also trying to figure out who taped the fight because students aren't allowed to be on their cell phones during school hours.  So it appears more students will be getting in trouble.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-09-02 19:06:51 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:23 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:23:45 GMT
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
  • Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:19 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:19:48 GMT
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices