Miss Delaware Teen USA Resigns Over Alleged Sex Video Scandal - New York News

Miss Delaware Teen USA Resigns Over Alleged Sex Video Scandal

Posted: Updated:
BETHANY BEACH, Del. -

The website TMZ reports Miss Delaware Teen USA Melissa King resigned Tuesday after a video surfaced online that allegedly featured the 18-year-old.

A pageant spokesperson tells FOX 29's Shawnette Wilson pageant officials received a call from a media outlet Monday night inquiring about the allegations, but said before they had a chance to investigate, a resignation letter had been sent by King's attorney, Gregory Hannigan.

FOX 29 called Hannigan's office for comment but the attorney was not available to return our call.

According to TMZ, the video in question was shot in June 2012.

A similar report was also published in the Delaware News Journal.

Residents of King's Bethany Beach hometown describe the news as a shock.

According to reports, King has stated the person in the video is not her.

A pageant official told TMZ they have already reached out to the first runner-up to replace King.

You can read the report on the TMZ website.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • 8 mumps cases at NJ college

    8 mumps cases at NJ college

    Friday, April 18 2014 10:40 AM EDT2014-04-18 14:40:12 GMT
    Officials are investigating eight confirmed cases of mumps found in students at New Jersey's Stevens Institute of Technology.The college in Hoboken says the students range in age from 18 to 21. All were fully vaccinated with two documented doses of mumps-containing vaccine.
    The New Jersey Department of Health is investigating eight confirmed cases of mumps found in students at Stevens Institute of Technology.  The college in Hoboken says the students range in age from 18 to 21. All were fully vaccinated with two documented doses of mumps-containing vaccine. Symptoms include swollen salivary glands, fever, headache, tiredness and loss of appetite.



  • Cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls

    NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls

    Friday, April 18 2014 10:32 AM EDT2014-04-18 14:32:20 GMT
    A New York City taxi driver has been arrested on charges he stole $28,000 in tolls by "piggybacking" on vehicles through E-Z Pass lanes while crossing the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge.
    A New York City taxi driver has been arrested on charges he stole $28,000 in tolls by "piggybacking" on vehicles through E-Z Pass lanes while crossing the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge.
  • Search for woman who tried to snatch baby in stroller

    NYPD: Woman tried to snatch baby in stroller

    Friday, April 18 2014 7:37 AM EDT2014-04-18 11:37:43 GMT
    Police want to question a woman who tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. The incident occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 4 p.m. on Thursday. The 8-month-old baby was not harmed. People who were in the area jumped in to stop the woman before she took off southbound on 8th Ave., according to police. A sketch was released on Friday of the suspect.
    Police want to question a woman who tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. The incident occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 4 p.m. on Thursday. The 8-month-old baby was not harmed. People who were in the area jumped in to stop the woman before she took off southbound on 8th Ave., according to police. A sketch was released on Friday of the suspect.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices