2 accused of having sex with underage girls at motel charged - New York News

2 accused of having sex with underage girls at motel charged

Posted: Updated:
17-year-old Tyler Bronowski (left) and 21-year-old Corey Willis 17-year-old Tyler Bronowski (left) and 21-year-old Corey Willis
WARREN, Mich. (WJBK) -

17-year-old Tyler Bronowski and 21-year-old Corey Willis are both charged with criminal sexual conduct stemming from a night of partying Tuesday at a motel.  Police have said they picked up two girls ages 13 and 15 at the mall and invited them there for sex.

"We're concerned about what we've heard the allegations to be so far.  We're gathering as much information as we can, and we're going to go through the process and see what we find out as we go through it," said Bronowski's attorney Mark Vrana after the suspects' video arraignments.

The teen is being held on $10,000 bond.

Bond for Willis, who has a prior drug conviction, was set at $25,000.

They were both arrested after the mother of one of the girls found out where her daughter had been and called police.  The suspects allegedly tossed a bag with beer cans and condoms and took off.

We were told police caught the two suspects when they tried to run.  They told investigators they met the girls at Lakeside Mall and the 13 and 15-year-olds went willingly, allegedly sneaking out of their homes.

Investigators have said the girls were simply too young to consent to sex and never should have been at the motel in the first place.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:48 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:48:12 GMT
    Connecticut State NewsConnecticut State News
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
  • Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:41 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:41:03 GMT
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
  • Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:20 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:20:44 GMT
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices