Alec Baldwin's run-in with journalists - New York News

Alec Baldwin's run-in with journalists

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

The NYPD is investigating harassment complaints made by actor Alec Baldwin and a New York Post photographer following an altercation.

The latest episode appears to be another Baldwin brawl that started on the streets and ended up in tweets. But it's far from over.

The actor's alleged use of a racial slur has one local leader calling for him to be banned from entertainment.

Baldwin was seen leaving his Greenwich Village apartment several times Monday, refusing to answer questions about an encounter a day earlier with a New York Post reporter and photographer.

The Post reported that he told the female reporter he wanted to choke her to death. He's also reported to have used a racial slur against the photographer, who is black.

The Post said Baldwin also called the cameraman a "crack head" and a "drug dealer."

Baldwin denies he said anything racist.  Both he and the photographer have filed complaints with the police.

"Alec Baldwin, it's very easy to push his buttons, he has a lot of buttons to press," said Rob Shuter of the Huffington Post. "So some are wondering did he get pushed around by the post or is he just being Alec?"

It's the latest in a long series of run-ins between Baldwin, the press, and the law. Just last year he was accused of attacking a Daily News photographer who tried to take his picture after he got a marriage license. In 2011 Baldwin got the boot from an American Airlines flight after allegedly refusing to turn off his phone."

My colleague Robert Moses tried to question Baldwin Monday morning for Good Day New York but got shoved by the media crush and fell down.

Moments later Baldwin, who is a well-known Twitter-holic, set the record straight, saying he was not to blame for Robert's fall. 

Baldwin's spokesperson said the accusations are completely false and denied that he made any racist remarks.

But state Sen. Malcolm Smith isn't convinced. The powerful African-American politician is calling on the entertainment industry to ban Baldwin from future projects.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Conn. teen seeks OK for 22-year-old prom date

    Conn. teen seeks OK for 22-year-old prom date

    Thursday, April 24 2014 10:07 AM EDT2014-04-24 14:07:15 GMT
    A Connecticut teenager is appealing to her local Board of Education after school officials rejected her request to bring her 21-year-old boyfriend to her prom.
    A Connecticut teenager is appealing to her local Board of Education after school officials rejected her request to bring her 21-year-old boyfriend to her prom.
  • Free dental clinic to draw thousands in Hartford

    Free dental clinic to draw thousands in Hartford

    Thursday, April 24 2014 8:24 AM EDT2014-04-24 12:24:06 GMT
    More than 2,000 patients are expected to seek free dental work at an annual clinic in Connecticut.  The seventh annual Connecticut Mission of Mercy free dental clinic is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
    More than 2,000 patients are expected to seek free dental work at an annual clinic in Connecticut.  The seventh annual Connecticut Mission of Mercy free dental clinic is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
  • Fire at Carlstadt Post Office

    Fire at Carlstadt Post Office

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:50 AM EDT2014-04-24 11:50:47 GMT
    An overnight fire caused significant damage to a Carlstadt, N.J. post office.  It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday at 331 1st Street.
    An overnight fire caused significant damage to a Carlstadt, N.J. post office.  It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday at 331 1st Street.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices