Ex-con back in trouble in Naperville DUI case - New York News

Ex-con back in trouble in Naperville DUI case

Posted: Updated:
NAPERVILLE, Ill. (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A convicted thief and narcotics user could face additional prison time, after being charged with aggravated drunken driving in east-central Naperville.

Randal Q. Bausley is on parole through the spring, after serving a two-year prison term for possession of a controlled substance, according to records on file with the Illinois Department of Corrections in Springfield.

The 29-year-old Bausley is a former resident of the Bolingbrook-Joliet area now living in Glen Ellyn. He is free on bond and awaiting trial in DuPage County Circuit Court on charges of aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol with a revoked or suspended license, DUI, driving with a revoked license and disobeying a traffic signal.

A written Naperville police report indicated Bausley was arrested about 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, after he apparently ran a red light at the intersection of Hobson Road and Naper Boulevard near the Market Meadows and Fox Run Square shopping centers.

Bausley was paroled on June 27, after serving his stint in a November 2009 drug possession case in Will County, prison records showed. His discharge from parole is tentatively set for June 27, according to records.

He previously served a sentence of two years and six months in prison after being convicted in 2004 of obstruction of justice, and did another three years in prison for a 2001 theft. Prison records indicated both of those crimes occurred in Will County.

Bausley in September 2011 was found guilty of a charge of drunken driving in Oakbrook Terrace and in July 2008 of attempted obstruction of justice in Woodridge, court records showed. He was sentenced to 30 days in DuPage County Jail on the drunken driving charge and 60 days in jail in the attempted obstruction of justice case, according to records.

He has also been arrested numerous times over the past decade in Will County on charges that have included trespassing, domestic battery, resisting police and marijuana possession, court records indicated.

Bausley is scheduled to be arraigned Feb. 26 in the Naperville matters.

Share Your Photos & Video

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Suspect arrested in 1990s cold-case murders on Long Island

    Suspect arrested in 1990s cold-case murders on Long Island

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:50 AM EDT2014-07-23 11:50:43 GMT
    Authorities on Long Island have arrested a suspect in two cold case murders dating to the 1990s. John Bittrolff, a married father of two, is the lead suspect in the deaths of two prostitutes whose bodies were found within months of each other in late 1993 and early 1994, authorities said. Police arrested the 48-year-old, who was arraigned at the district court in Central Islip.
    Authorities on Long Island have arrested a suspect in two cold case murders dating to the 1990s. John Bittrolff, a married father of two, is the lead suspect in the deaths of two prostitutes whose bodies were found within months of each other in late 1993 and early 1994, authorities said. Police arrested the 48-year-old, who was arraigned at the district court in Central Islip.
  • 'Broken Windows' tactic questioned as chokehold victim laid to rest

    'Broken Windows' tactic questioned as chokehold victim laid to rest

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:24 AM EDT2014-07-23 11:24:25 GMT
    The recent death of a man from Staten Island while he was being arrested by NYPD officers is calling into question a police crackdown on petty offenses to discourage more serious crime. Critics say policing based on the so-called "broken windows" theory can needlessly put people at risk and fuel tensions in the city's minority communities.
    The recent death of a man from Staten Island while he was being arrested by NYPD officers is calling into question a police crackdown on petty offenses to discourage more serious crime. Critics say policing based on the so-called "broken windows" theory can needlessly put people at risk and fuel tensions in the city's minority communities.

  • 3 NYC boys get recording contract approval

    3 NYC boys get recording contract approval

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 6:34 AM EDT2014-07-23 10:34:12 GMT
    New York City NewsNew York City News
    Three middle school students got permission from a Manhattan judge to sign a multi-year recording contract with Sony. The court's approval allows the heavy metal band, Unlocking the Truth, to record their first single Wednesday for The Cherry Group, a division of Sony. The Brooklyn boys had to get court approval because they are minors.
    Three middle school students got permission from a Manhattan judge to sign a multi-year recording contract with Sony. The court's approval allows the heavy metal band, Unlocking the Truth, to record their first single Wednesday for The Cherry Group, a division of Sony. The Brooklyn boys had to get court approval because they are minors.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices