Position: Chef Instructor
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Resident Chef
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 85 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table as part of our team.
We are looking for a part-time Chef Instructor to provide hands on kitchen instruction to adults and children on an individual and group basis, including hot and cold food preparation
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Conducts demonstrations and hands-on classes as defined by lesson plans.
• Provides professional guidance to students as needed.
• Works with all culinary staff as an interactive team member with things that pertain to the kitchen and the department to accomplish the goals of the class.
• Purchases all required ingredients as dictated by lesson plans.
• Menu creation for classes as needed
• Performs other duties as needed.
Job Requirements (including but not limited to):
• Must possess an A.S. in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years in a professional culinary capacity.
• Ability to interact with individuals that have a variety of experience levels and integrate them into one class.
• Basic supervisory skills.
• Previous experience instructing adults in formal or professional settings required, or experience working in front of a captive audience.
Click here to apply online!
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.