Medical examiner rules missing mother's death a homicide - New York News

Medical examiner rules missing mother's death a homicide

Posted: Updated:
Dynasty Myles Dynasty Myles
DETROIT (WJBK) -

The female body discovered last week inside an abandoned home on Log Cabin in Detroit was Tara Paymon's stepdaughter Dynasty Myles -- her best friend and the mother of a six-year-old girl that she had been praying would come home alive.  Paymon had the painful task of identifying the 23-year-old.

"It's horrible the feeling, the hurt, the pain, the loss.  It's unexplainable.  You can't explain it," said Paymon.

We now how Myles was killed.  The medical examiner has officially ruled her death a homicide.  She died from a gunshot.

"To me, you only see stuff like this in TV shows.  You would never think it would be close to home," Paymon remarked.

Myles was last seen the night of New Year's Day.  She dropped off her daughter at her parents' place in Southfield and headed out.

"Normally I do know who she's with because we talk, like we're best friends type thing, and that night she just said she was out and she was going to see me in the morning," Paymon said.

But Myles never showed.  After a missing persons report was filed, police found her at the Benihana in Dearborn.  Surveillance video showed that night Myles got into a silver, late model Dodge Durango.

Sources told me Myles knew who was inside, a man who had been robbed earlier in the week and he suspected Myles had something to do with it.  He believed she set him up.  The man, who she shared a relationship with, took her to an unknown location, shot her and then dumped her nude body inside the abandoned house.

The loss for the family has been unbearable, but Paymon says telling Myles' daughter her mother is gone has been the hardest part.

"She looks just like her.  To know this little girl is going to grow up without her mother, I mean that's horrible," said Paymond.

The family has set up a fund to help pay for funeral expenses and anything left over will go to support Myles' daughter.  Donations can be made to the Dynasty Myles Memorial Fund at any Bank of America location.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Maryland casino to interview workers from closing Atlantic City casinos

    Md. casino eyes workers from closing Atlantic City casinos

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:32 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:32:23 GMT
    AP photoAP photo
    A Maryland casino is looking to hire some of the soon-to-be-jobless Atlantic City casino workers. Maryland Live! is holding job fairs next week at the Sheraton hotel across from the Atlantic City Convention Center. The Hanover, Maryland casino held a similar recruitment effort in January when The Atlantic Club shut down.
    A Maryland casino is looking to hire some of the soon-to-be-jobless Atlantic City casino workers. Maryland Live! is holding job fairs next week at the Sheraton hotel across from the Atlantic City Convention Center. The Hanover, Maryland casino held a similar recruitment effort in January when The Atlantic Club shut down.
  • Lyft to start New York City service after deal with officials

    Lyft to start New York City service

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:06:49 GMT
    The on-demand ride-sharing app Lyft says it is starting limited service in New York City after reaching agreement with state and city officials to resolve regulatory issues. New York's attorney general and Department of Financial Services say the company agreed to operate "in full compliance" with existing laws and regulations, and that it will start its city service Friday night with commercial drivers only.
    The on-demand ride-sharing app Lyft says it is starting limited service in New York City after reaching agreement with state and city officials to resolve regulatory issues. New York's attorney general and Department of Financial Services say the company agreed to operate "in full compliance" with existing laws and regulations, and that it will start its city service Friday night with commercial drivers only.

  • Another company to give family free cruise

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Friday, July 25 2014 3:44 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:44:05 GMT
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway.
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices