School Abduction Case Reward Up To $75K For Arrest, Conviction - New York News

School Abduction Case Reward Up To $75K For Arrest, Conviction

Posted: Updated:
Photo Courtesy of Stephanie Esposito Photo Courtesy of Stephanie Esposito
PHILADELPHIA -

A day after Mayor Michael Nutter announced that the city would contribute to the reward the case of a girl abducted from her kindergarten class, that reward has now ballooned to $75,000.

A number of organizations have stepped forward to entice someone to come forward.

The reward will be paid for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the suspects involved in taking the 5-year-old girl from Bryant Elementary School.

The following contributions have been made to the reward fund:

  • $30,000 from the Office of state Sen. Anthony Hardy Williams;
  • $10,000 from the NAACP Philadelphia, Black Clergy and other African American Leaders;
  • $10,000 from Local 332 Laborers District Council;
  • $10,000 from Mayor Michael Nutter's Office;
  • $5,000 from the U.S. Marshals;
  • $5,000 from the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #5;
  • and $5,000 from the Citizens Crime Commission.

Investigators with the Philadelphia Police Department say there are still no suspects in the case.

The missing 5-year-old was taken from her Bryant Elementary School classroom in West Philly earlier this month. The girl was found the next morning hiding underneath a slide at an Upper Darby park.

Police would not elaborate on what happened to the girl from the time she was taken out of her classroom to the time she was found.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • California firm issues nationwide fruit recall

    California firm issues nationwide fruit recall

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:07 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:07:41 GMT
    A Central California company is recalling specific lots of its fresh peaches, plums, nectarines and pluots sold nationwide over concerns of possible listeria contamination.Wawona Packing Co. President Brent Smittcamp said in a statement that he is not aware of any illnesses caused by the fruit, and the voluntary recall was announced after consulting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."By taking the precautionary step of recalling product, we will minimize even th...
    A Central California company is recalling specific lots of its fresh peaches, plums, nectarines and pluots sold nationwide over concerns of possible listeria contamination.Wawona Packing Co. President Brent Smittcamp said in a statement that he is not aware of any illnesses caused by the fruit, and the voluntary recall was announced after consulting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."By taking the precautionary step of recalling product, we will minimize even th...
  • Ocean crash kills teen pilot seeking world record

    Ocean crash kills teen pilot seeking world record

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 9:30 PM EDT2014-07-24 01:30:39 GMT
    His pilot's license fresh in his hands, an Indiana teenager set out in June for the adventure of a lifetime: an around-the-world flight with his father designed to break a record and raise money to build schools in his father's native Pakistan.
    His pilot's license fresh in his hands, an Indiana teenager set out in June for the adventure of a lifetime: an around-the-world flight with his father designed to break a record and raise money to build schools in his father's native Pakistan.
  • Southwest Agent Removes Passenger All Because Of A Tweet

    Southwest Agent Removes Passenger All Because Of A Tweet

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 8:51 PM EDT2014-07-24 00:51:54 GMT
    A Minnesota man was forced to get off a Southwest Airlines Flight because of a tweet.Duff Watson says the humiliating ordeal began Sunday July 20th, when he and his two children tried to board a flight from Denver to Minneapolis.Watson says he has priority boarding because he’s an “A-list customer.”But when he went to the gate, the agent wouldn’t allow his two children to board with him.Watson eventually tweeted about the horrible experience.The tweet stated, “Something to the effect of wow, ...
    A Minnesota man was forced to get off a Southwest Airlines Flight because of a tweet.Duff Watson says the humiliating ordeal began Sunday July 20th, when he and his two children tried to board a flight from Denver to Minneapolis.Watson says he has priority boarding because he’s an “A-list customer.”But when he went to the gate, the agent wouldn’t allow his two children to board with him.Watson eventually tweeted about the horrible experience.The tweet stated, “Something to the effect of wow, ...
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:08:13 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
  • New Jersey sues over Florida pizza shop logo

    New Jersey sues over Florida pizza shop logo

    The New Jersey Turnpike Authority wants a Florida pizza shop to pay a big toll for using a logo similar to the iconic Garden State Parkway's green and yellow signs.
    The New Jersey Turnpike Authority wants a Florida pizza shop to pay a big toll for using a logo similar to the iconic Garden State Parkway's green and yellow signs.
  • Some StubHub accounts breached

    Some StubHub accounts breached

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:34 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:34:20 GMT
    Six people were indicted Wednesday in an international ring that managed to take over more than 1,000 StubHub users' accounts and fraudulently buy tickets to such prime events as Jay-Z and Elton John concerts, a New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game and Broadway shows like "The Book of Mormon," the Manhattan district attorney said. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. said the thieves would then resell the tickets and split up the proceeds.
    Six people were indicted Wednesday in an international ring that managed to take over more than 1,000 StubHub users' accounts and fraudulently buy tickets to such prime events as Jay-Z and Elton John concerts, a New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game and Broadway shows like "The Book of Mormon," the Manhattan district attorney said. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. said the thieves would then resell the tickets and split up the proceeds.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices