Nutter Adds $10,000 To Reward For Arrest, Conviction - New York News

Nutter Adds $10,000 To Reward For Arrest, Conviction In Child Abduction Case

Posted: Updated:
Surveillance video released Monday night shows the abductor leaving a West Philadelphia elementary school with the 5-year-old. Surveillance video released Monday night shows the abductor leaving a West Philadelphia elementary school with the 5-year-old.
Mayor Michael Nutter discussed the case with reporters during a Thursday afternoon press conference. Mayor Michael Nutter discussed the case with reporters during a Thursday afternoon press conference.
PHILADELPHIA -

Mayor Michael Nutter on Thursday announced the city would add $10,000 to the reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the suspects involved in abducting a 5-year-old girl.

The reward now stands at $30,000. Other groups, including the Fraternal Order of Police, the Citizen's Crime Commission and the NAACP have contributed money to the reward.

"We need to find these folks, we cannot have this kind of activity and behavior in our city and on our streets," Nutter told reporters.

Investigators with the Philadelphia Police Department say there are still no suspects in the case.

The missing 5-year-old was taken from her Bryant Elementary School classroom in West Philly earlier this month. The girl was discovered safe the morning after hiding underneath a slide at an Upper Darby park.

Police would not elaborate on what happened to the girl from the time she was taken out of her classroom to the time she was found.

On Wednesday, FOX 29 learned the mother of the girl was given a polygraph test and passed. Police also announced they were collecting new surveillance video as they search for two suspects they believe to be involved.

Stay with FOX 29 and myfoxphilly.com for updates.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Caesars enters New York casino competition

    Caesars enters New York casino competition

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:52 PM EDT2014-04-23 02:52:22 GMT
    Caesars Entertainment entered the competition to open a casino in upstate New York on Tuesday with a proposal to build a $750 million complex 50 miles north of New York City. The complex would include a casino, a hotel and a meeting space and would be located in Woodbury, in Orange County. The Las Vegas-based Caesars, which operates 52 casinos around the world, has submitted a $1 million casino license application fee to state gambling regulators.
    Caesars Entertainment entered the competition to open a casino in upstate New York on Tuesday with a proposal to build a $750 million complex 50 miles north of New York City. The complex would include a casino, a hotel and a meeting space and would be located in Woodbury, in Orange County. The Las Vegas-based Caesars, which operates 52 casinos around the world, has submitted a $1 million casino license application fee to state gambling regulators.
  • Hoax 'swatting' call sends dozens of cops to LI home

    Hoax 'swatting' call sends dozens of cops to LI home

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:43 PM EDT2014-04-23 02:43:53 GMT
    Heavily armed police officers descended on a home in Long Beach, Long Island, Tuesday afternoon thinking they might find a grisly murder scene. Instead they found a terrified woman who had no clue what they were talking about and her teenaged son playing video games. "We received a phone call from a gentleman who stated he had just shot his mother and his brother," Long Beach Police Commissioner Michael Tangney said. "Unfortunately, this is a terrible national problem for law enforcement."
    Heavily armed police officers descended on a home in Long Beach, Long Island, Tuesday afternoon thinking they might find a grisly murder scene. Instead they found a terrified woman who had no clue what they were talking about and her teenaged son playing video games. "We received a phone call from a gentleman who stated he had just shot his mother and his brother," Long Beach Police Commissioner Michael Tangney said. "Unfortunately, this is a terrible national problem for law enforcement."
  • NYPD Twitter hashtag backfires

    NYPD Twitter hashtag backfires

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 9:14 PM EDT2014-04-23 01:14:35 GMT
    An NYPD plan intended to better connect with the community seems to have backfired a bit. The police department asked its twitter followers to share pictures of themselves with New York City police officers using the hashtag "myNYPD." Some did share nice pictures, but others not so much.Some of the first pictures posted showed regular citizens standing with very friendly looking police officers.
    An NYPD plan intended to better connect with the community seems to have backfired a bit. The police department asked its twitter followers to share pictures of themselves with New York City police officers using the hashtag "myNYPD." Some did share nice pictures, but others not so much.Some of the first pictures posted showed regular citizens standing with very friendly looking police officers.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices