Mother says daughter, 6, sexually assaulted during sleep over - New York News

Mother says daughter, 6, sexually assaulted during sleep over

Posted: Updated:

By Maurielle Lue
Fox 2 News


DETROIT (WJBK) -- A woman says her six-year-old daughter was sexually assaulted at a children's sleep over by her classmate's 17-year-old brother.

"'You tell your mama, I'm going to shoot your brains out, and when she [takes] you to the hospital, they [are] going to DNA you.  I've got a condom on, so they're not going to know that I did this to you,'" the mother said her daughter was told.

"She was screaming, 'Please don't do that.  Why are you doing this?  Stop.  Don't do this to me.'  And she said her friend and other people that [were] there, children that [were] under six, [were] laughing."

The first grader came home with bruises and a black eye.  The mother rushed her daughter to Children's Hospital for a rape kit.

"Positive for latex and she was not broken, but he tore a lot of her tissues," the mother explained.  "She couldn't go to school because the children [were] teasing [her] and discussing this in the lunchroom, and it was best that I just leave my child at home until something happened."

The six-year-old hasn't been to school since.  She tried once, but went home crying and said the suspect's six-year-old sister in the same first grade class threatened her and called her a tattletale.

The first interview with the girl is scheduled for January 17, almost a month after the alleged rape.  DPD outsourced the interview to Kids Talk, a child advocacy center that specializes in interviewing children.  Detroit Police and Child Protective Services sit in on the interview so the child will only have to tell the story once.

It's important to note that so far no charges have been filed in this case.  I reached out to the suspect's family.  The mother of the accused denies all allegations of rape and threats.  She did say it's possible something bad happened at her house, but it definitely was not her son.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Belgian artist Baloji kicks off tour in New York

    Belgian artist Baloji kicks off tour in New York

    Thursday, April 17 2014 7:35 PM EDT2014-04-17 23:35:06 GMT
    To say the 6 feet 5 inch Baloji has a presence would be an understatement. The Belgian artist commands the stage with his mix of hip hop, funk, and rap. The 34-year-old rocked out Webster Hall back in January. Now he's back in New York City kicking off a month-long tour. "It's one of the most inspiring cities on Earth so it's always great to be here," Baloji says.
    To say the 6 feet 5 inch Baloji has a presence would be an understatement. The Belgian artist commands the stage with his mix of hip hop, funk, and rap. The 34-year-old rocked out Webster Hall back in January. Now he's back in New York City kicking off a month-long tour. "It's one of the most inspiring cities on Earth so it's always great to be here," Baloji says.
  • First look at electric carriage that may replace horse buggies

    First look at electric carriage that may replace horse buggies

    Thursday, April 17 2014 7:11 PM EDT2014-04-17 23:11:02 GMT
    New York has never known a Central Park without that rhythmic click-clacking. But if Mayor Bill de Blasio gets his way, he'll put those hooves out to pasture, replacing them with a different noise-maker. Actually, excluding its horn the electric carriage makes little noise at all. It runs on lithium-ion batteries, has a variable-speed a/c motor, and is relatively silent, says Jason Wenig.
    New York has never known a Central Park without that rhythmic click-clacking. But if Mayor Bill de Blasio gets his way, he'll put those hooves out to pasture, replacing them with a different noise-maker. Actually, excluding its horn the electric carriage makes little noise at all. It runs on lithium-ion batteries, has a variable-speed a/c motor, and is relatively silent, says Jason Wenig.
  • Ex-NBA player: Re-entry tougher than serving time

    Ex-NBA player: Re-entry tougher than serving time

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:50 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:50:46 GMT
    Jayson WilliamsJayson Williams
    Former NBA player Jayson Williams says trying to re-enter society after serving time for shooting a limousine driver was more difficult than being in prison.
    Former NBA player Jayson Williams says trying to re-enter society after serving time for shooting a limousine driver was more difficult than being in prison.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices