Health Fitness has a rare opportunity for a Sr Informatics Analyst to join our growing Analytics Team. Located at our Lake Forest, IL Corporate Office and under the direction of the Director of Analytics, the Senior Informatics Analyst will support the Analytics department in the production of return on investment and other studies. You will interface with other HealthFitness departments (including Science & Analytics, Account Management, EIM, Reporting, Marketing and Sales & Development), and with HealthFitness clients. You will utilize multiple databases and software programs to facilitate the creation of analytic studies that add value to the organization from the Data Warehouse, as well as client-specific return on investment (ROI) studies, while managing deadlines.
• Manage return on investment projects by working with the Director of Analytics, EIM, Reporting and Account Management to get the requisite data, perform the analysis, write up the results and support the presentation of the findings.
• Work with the Director of Analytics to lead internal development projects with EIM which address gaps in the Data Warehouse that would support research or ROI needs.
• Perform data mining in the Data Warehouse to discover data relationships that may have programming or publication value.
• Assist the Director of Analytics with designing and developing new studies and reports.
• Present study findings to internal customers, including in-person and telephonic presentations.
• Interface with Marketing, Sales & Development and Account Management to maximize impact of studies in the marketplace through support of white papers, announcements and presentations at conferences.
• Develop and maintain book of business statistics toward responding to RFPs and RFIs, as well as benchmarking program outcomes for internal and external needs (including NCQA reporting). Work with Marketing and Sales & Development to respond to RFP/RFI requests.
• Interface with the Reporting department to provide statistical and benchmarking support as needed for reports and presentations.
• Work with the Director of Science and Director of Program Development to answer research questions through data mining, querying and statistical testing.
• Create, update and provide status updates on project timelines and milestones for the Director of Analytics.
• Ensure that proper data privacy and security requirements are followed.
• Use appropriate software programs to complete requirements of the job, including: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and SAS.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Master's degree (Ph.D. preferable) in field with research emphasis such as educational research, math, statistics, business, public health, computer science or related social sciences required. An ideal candidate will have a blend of math, programming, and health research skills.
• Knowledgeable in health promotion or related field (Health Insurance, Disease management, consulting, etc.) with at least five years of experience in an analytical capacity required. Experience working with medical claims data and SAS is a plus.
• Solid data management background in database querying and data manipulation as well as Microsoft's office suite of products. Ideally, should be comfortable with using basic SQL, SAS, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong math skills with several courses in statistics. Well versed in using SAS for logistic and least squares regression.
• Good interpersonal skills. Should be comfortable in working with IT, Marketing and Account Service staff.
• Minimal travel required.
• Comfortable with working from a home based office if necessary. However, the preference will be given to someone who can work out of our Minneapolis or Chicago based offices.
HealthFitness is an award-winning, NCQA-accredited provider of health, fitness and condition management solutions. HealthFitness maximizes client results by infusing a culture of health through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to behavior change, engagement, prevention, and health and lifestyle management.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness' commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096. For more information on HealthFitness, please visit our website www.hfit.com.
HealthFitness • 1700 West 82nd Street, Suite 200 • Minneapolis, MN 55431
HealthFitness is an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V