School maintenance worker suffers electrical shock - New York News

School maintenance worker suffers electrical shock

Updated:

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A maintenance employee at a Glendale high school was taken to a hospital after he suffered an electrical shock while working on electrical equipment at the school's baseball field.

Glendale Fire Department spokesman Michael Young says the field's sprinklers kicked on Wednesday morning while the Deer Valley High School employee was working on electric equipment.

The sprinklers sprayed water on the worker and electrical equipment.

The worker complained of arm pain and chest and shoulder discomfort and was brought to a hospital to be examined.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Conn. teen seeks OK for 22-year-old prom date

    Conn. teen seeks OK for 22-year-old prom date

    Thursday, April 24 2014 10:07 AM EDT2014-04-24 14:07:15 GMT
    A Connecticut teenager is appealing to her local Board of Education after school officials rejected her request to bring her 21-year-old boyfriend to her prom.
    A Connecticut teenager is appealing to her local Board of Education after school officials rejected her request to bring her 21-year-old boyfriend to her prom.
  • Free dental clinic to draw thousands in Hartford

    Free dental clinic to draw thousands in Hartford

    Thursday, April 24 2014 8:24 AM EDT2014-04-24 12:24:06 GMT
    More than 2,000 patients are expected to seek free dental work at an annual clinic in Connecticut.  The seventh annual Connecticut Mission of Mercy free dental clinic is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
    More than 2,000 patients are expected to seek free dental work at an annual clinic in Connecticut.  The seventh annual Connecticut Mission of Mercy free dental clinic is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
  • Fire at Carlstadt Post Office

    Fire at Carlstadt Post Office

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:50 AM EDT2014-04-24 11:50:47 GMT
    An overnight fire caused significant damage to a Carlstadt, N.J. post office.  It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday at 331 1st Street.
    An overnight fire caused significant damage to a Carlstadt, N.J. post office.  It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday at 331 1st Street.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices