QB Sanchez to start for Jets against Jaguars - New York News

Struggling Sanchez to start for Jets

Posted: Updated:
(AP photo) (AP photo)

Quarterback Mark Sanchez will be starting for the New York Jets on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars, said head coach Rex Ryan.

First word of Ryan sticking with Sanchez came via the team's official Twitter feed Wednesday morning.

"He (head coach Rex Ryan) has met with the QB this morning."

Speaking to the media later in the day, Ryan said he believes he's made the right decision.

Ryan brought all three quarterbacks into a meeting Wednesday morning and told them of his decision. He said he consulted with several people, including his staff, and "put a lot of thought" into it before making up his mind late Tuesday night.

"It's really a decision I feel great about," he said.

A struggling Sanchez was replaced last Sunday by third-stringer Greg McElroy who threw a touchdown pass and lead the Jets to an ugly 7-6 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.

Tim Tebow was the team's no. 2 quarterback before he broke two ribs earlier in the season.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Spy device Tweets private conversations

    Spy device Tweets private conversations

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:39 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:39:58 GMT
    A tiny new spy device aims to automatically transcribe and Tweet overheard conversations. It's called Conversnitch.  Brian House and Kyle McDonald are behind the eavesdropping device.  They say it bridges the gap between (presumed) private physical space and public space online.
    A tiny new spy device aims to automatically transcribe and Tweet overheard conversations. It's called Conversnitch.  Brian House and Kyle McDonald are behind the eavesdropping device.  They say it bridges the gap between (presumed) private physical space and public space online.
  • Toddler falls from 3-story window, not hurt

    Toddler falls from 3-story window, not hurt

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:42 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:42:24 GMT
    New York City police say a 2-year-old boy fell out of a third-story window overnight but was not hurt.
    New York City police say a 2-year-old boy fell out of a third-story window overnight but was not hurt.
  • De Blasio's carriage horse ban stalls

    De Blasio's carriage horse ban stalls

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:20:13 GMT
    Mayor Bill de Blasio is pulling back the reins on his plans to quickly get rid of New York City's horse-drawn carriage industry, stung by a recent outpouring of support for the colorful coaches that have clip-clopped their way through Central Park for more than 150 years. A campaign pledge to take on the horses during his first week as mayor was eclipsed by other issues.
    Mayor Bill de Blasio is pulling back the reins on his plans to quickly get rid of New York City's horse-drawn carriage industry, stung by a recent outpouring of support for the colorful coaches that have clip-clopped their way through Central Park for more than 150 years. A campaign pledge to take on the horses during his first week as mayor was eclipsed by other issues.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices