Police, ATF raid house on Detroit's east side - New York News

Police, ATF raid house on Detroit's east side

Posted: Updated:

By Taryn Asher
Fox 2 News

DETROIT (WJBK) -- A home on Detroit's east side was raided Tuesday night.  Fox 2 News has learned the raid was in connection to a high profile murder case.

"It was a shocker.  I'm like, wow, what's going on?  This don't even happen on this street," said Gerald Stacy.

Stacy couldn't believe what he was seeing as he watched from his porch.  Around 5:00 p.m., about a dozen police cars converged.  Undercover Detroit police officers and the ATF raided a house on Algonac Street looking for evidence and the young man who lived there.

"They pulled a young man out, put him in the van and rode off," Stacy said.  "I'd get him to cut my grass and everything.  I haven't noticed anything unusual."

Police arrested the 21-year-old on an outstanding felony warrant, but want to question him about something else, sources tell me a high profile murder that may have taken place at the house.

We don't have the exact details of which crime they are investigating.

Michigan State Police evidence techs were brought in to carefully process the scene that investigators believe may have happened months ago.

The mother of the 21-year-old, who actually owns the house, rushed over when she heard her son had been arrested.

"At least show me the warrant.  They're not showing me any damn thing.  I'm just sitting here looking crazy.  Why (are) they wandering through my house?  There's nothing in that damn piece of (expletive) house but some scrap furniture," she said.

Police carried out several bags, including a paper bag labeled "towel" and several orange, biohazard bags that now will be processed for evidence.

There are two people in custody supposedly in connection to what authorities believe happened inside the house.  They believe the man arrested Tuesday night is somehow connected, but exactly how is not clear at this time.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:48 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:48:12 GMT
    Connecticut State NewsConnecticut State News
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
  • Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:41 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:41:03 GMT
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
  • Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:20 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:20:44 GMT
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices