Goodyear man charged in I-10 crash - New York News

Goodyear man charged in I-10 crash

Posted: Updated:
Ricardo Castro Ricardo Castro

PHOENIX (AP) - An Arizona man is facing felony charges after authorities say he caused a crash along Interstate 10 that sent five children to the hospital and closed the roadway for about 12 hours.

The Arizona Department of Public Safety says 35-year-old Ricardo Castro of Goodyear was arrested Monday in connection with last week's crash.

He's facing seven counts of aggravated assault and two counts of felony endangerment.

Authorities say Castro stopped along the interstate and told his back seat passengers to get out of the car following an argument. He then sped back onto I-10 and eventually slammed into the back of an SUV that was carrying six people.

5 of the passengers - all children - were ejected.

Authorities say all but 1 of the SUV occupants have been released from the hospital and all are expected to survive.

Related story: DPS: Argument led to crash on I-10 west of Phoenix

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices