Police: Investigation of 3 missing boys remains 'active' - New York News

Police: Investigation of 3 missing Morenci boys remains 'active'

Posted: Updated:
The Skelton boys, who Morenci police believe are dead. The Skelton boys, who Morenci police believe are dead.

MORENCI, Mich. (WJBK) -- Police say the investigation into the case of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving 2010 remains "active" ahead of the second anniversary of their disappearance.

Police in Morenci, however, say in a statement released Tuesday that they still believe the boys are dead. Investigators say they've received about 1,300 tips and continue to seek more. A $60,000 reward is being offered.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created age-progressed photos of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The boys were last seen at their father's home in Morenci near the Michigan-Ohio border.

The Skelton brothers were 9, 7, and 5 years old, respectively, when they last were seen.

John Skelton pleaded no contest last year to charges of unlawful imprisonment and says he didn't harm the children. Despite Skelton's claims, police in Morenci believe he murdered his sons and likely disposed of them during the early morning hours of Nov. 26.

"His choice to hid behind this outlandish story is selfish and cowardly," said Chief Larry Weeks. "If he cared about his sons at all he would disclose the truth and bring resolution to this case."

- The Associated Press contributed to this report

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Connecticut man charged in Yale hoax threat

    Connecticut man charged in Yale hoax threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:33 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:33:11 GMT
    New Haven police say they have charged a Westbrook with making a hoax call in November to say an armed man was heading to shoot up Yale University.
    Police say they have charged a Connecticut man with making a call in November in which he falsely claimed an armed man was on his way to shoot up Yale University. New Haven police said Wednesday that 50-year-old Jeffrey Jones, of Westbrook, has been charged with falsely reporting an incident, threatening, reckless endangerment, misuse of the emergency 911 system and breach of peace.
  • Camilla's brother dies in New York after head injury

    Camilla's brother dies in New York after head injury

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:10 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:10:58 GMT
    The brother of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has died after sustaining a serious head injury following a fall in New York, British royal officials said Wednesday. Clarence House said that the 62-year-old Mark Shand died in the hospital Wednesday after falling late Tuesday.
    The brother of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has died after sustaining a serious head injury following a fall in New York, British royal officials said Wednesday. Clarence House said that the 62-year-old Mark Shand died in the hospital Wednesday after falling late Tuesday.
  • Port Authority could rescind $1 NJ Transit lease

    Port Authority could rescind $1 NJ Transit lease

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 2:57 PM EDT2014-04-23 18:57:07 GMT
    NJ TransitNJ Transit
    The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is holding its monthly board meeting, two days after it heard from a panel on what it needs to do to improve its accountability and efficiency and restore public trust.
    The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey could rescind a $1-a-year lease for a park-and-ride lot near the Lincoln Tunnel. The agency's chief of real estate and development told a committee Wednesday that it should change a deal made in 2012. Published reports have alleged that former Port Authority chairman David Samson voted to approve the lease even though his law firm did business with New Jersey Transit, which operates the park-and-ride lot.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices