Second General Under Investigation In Petraeus Scandal - New York News

Second General Under Investigation In Petraeus Scandal

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK -

There are new details this morning in the scandal involving former CIA Chief David Petraeus. Now, another general is involved – the one who replaced him in Afghanistan.

General John Allen, the United States' top commander in Afghanistan, is also now under investigation.

A senior defense official has been quoted saying Allen allegedly had inappropriate communication with Jill Kelley.

Kelley reportedly received threatening emails from Paula Broadwell, the woman with whom Petraeus admitted to having an affair.

Allen denies any wrongdoing.

A Pentagon official says 20,000 to 30,000 pages of emails and other documents from Allen's communications with Kelley are now under review, FOX's Ainsley Earhardt reports.

Meanwhile, friends say Petraeus is shocked to learn his mistress had allegedly sent threatening emails to Kelley.

FBI agents searched Broadwell's North Carolina home Monday night.

An FBI spokeswoman said agents went to Broadwell's home in Charlotte but didn't say what they were doing there. The agents were seen taking pictures of her home.

Questions and concerns of Petraeus's affair are growing. It appears many national leaders had no idea and are worried about national security.

Officials say the threatening emails from Broadwell to Kelley began in May, and the investigation started soon after.

Petraeus resigned on Friday after admitting the affair.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices