A Long Island woman is facing charges after police say she poisoned her family with toxic fumes by running a generator inside her house while she went to work.
Judith Edouard-Neus, 45, of Park Ave. in New Cassel was arraigned Saturday on charges including reckless endangerment.
Police said Edouard-Neus brought the generator into her home on Friday and then left for nine hours to go to work.
They say that when she returned home at 2 p.m., her four children aged 1, 3, 5 and 7 were showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, including nausea, dizzy and vomiting.
There were also 71 and 77 year old women in the home, and one of them was unconscious.
Nassau County ambulances transported all six victims to hospitals for treatment.
There conditions were unknown.
In the wake of Superstorm Sandy, officials have warned about the dangers of running generators indoors. The dangers include the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.