A Long Island woman who was still without power after Hurricane Sandy was burned early Monday morning when her clothing caught on fire.
Suffolk County police say it happened about 4:45 a.m. on Elder Dr. in Commack.
Police say the 40-year-old woman was outside filling up her generator with gas and accidentally spilled some on her clothes and the outside of the can.
When she went inside to clean up, gas vapors caught fire from a nearby candle.
The woman suffered burns to her arms and back. She was rushed to Stony Brook Hospital by the Commack Volunteer Ambulance Corp.
The unidentified woman is expected to survive.