LIPA says 65 percent of customers have power restored - New York News

LIPA says 65 percent of customers have power restored

Posted: Updated:
MYFOXNY.COM -

Long Island Power Authority (L.I.P.A) says 65 percent of the 1,045,000 customers who lost power on Long Island now have power restored. 

The company says there are 370,000 still without power with the majority of customers in Nassau County. 

LIPA expects to have 90 percent of its customers back on line by Wednesday, November 7 and says it could be a week or more beyond Wednesday for the remaining 10 percent.

  • Long Island NewsLong Island NewsMore>>

  • Hope's Land of Candy

    Hope's Land of Candy

    Monday, September 1 2014 8:13 PM EDT2014-09-02 00:13:34 GMT
    Step through the doors of Hope's Land of Candy in Island Park, Long Island and you''ll be taking a trip back in time. There's no WIFI but they do have a Victrola piano. And then there's the candy.. lots and lots of it.
    Step through the doors of Hope's Land of Candy in Island Park, Long Island and you''ll be taking a trip back in time. There's no WIFI but they do have a Victrola piano. And then there's the candy.. lots and lots of it.
  • Reminder: Speed cameras in LI school zones

    Reminder: Speed cameras in LI school zones

    Monday, September 1 2014 5:45 PM EDT2014-09-01 21:45:37 GMT
    Reminder for drivers: as kids head back to school in Nassau County so too, will the speed cameras in school zones.
    Reminder for drivers: as kids head back to school in Nassau County so too, will the speed cameras in school zones.
  • Celebrity chef Todd English charged with DWI in NY

    Celebrity chef Todd English charged with DWI in NY

    Sunday, August 31 2014 3:17 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:17:03 GMT
    Celebrity chef Todd English has been arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated in New York.
    Celebrity chef Todd English has been arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated in New York.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices