Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to provide customer service with a focus on positive pro-active end-user contact. This candidate will monitor all business-critical systems and escalate issues accordingly, along with ensuring the physical security of our data center facility.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
• Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
• Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
• Resolve tickets as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
• Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
• Perform computer/server hardware and software support.
• Work through colocation and ISP customer issues and escalate to on-call or engineering support staff as necessary.
• Perform physical security walkthroughs, administration of security sign-in procedures for all colocation customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location.
• Monitor, resolve, and escalate issues within critical facilities infrastructure.
• Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Responsibility and dependability are a must!
• Candidates must have reliable transportation.
• Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
• Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems both pc and server side.
• Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of Linux is a plus.
• Knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus.
• Cabling experience (Fiber, Coax, and Ethernet) is a plus.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma required.
• Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or datacenter experience preferred.
• College degree in related discipline preferred.
This position requires flexible 12-hour work shifts. The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures. Duties may involve working outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. (May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays on occasions)
If you are interested in joining our company