I've left says woman accused of squatting alongside homeowner - New York News

I've left says woman accused of squatting alongside Detroit homeowner

Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair  (Credit: FOX 2 News) Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair (Credit: FOX 2 News)
  • I've left says woman accused of squatting alongside Detroit homeownerMore>>

Forced to live alongside squatter in my Detroit house, woman says

Thursday, October 11 2012 11:38 AM EDT2012-10-11 15:38:48 GMT
    After being away for a year, Heidi Peterson said she returned to her Detroit house and found a woman living there.  Now a write-in candidate for president is accused of squatting.
    After being away for a year, Heidi Peterson said she returned to her house in Detroit's Boston-Edison District and found a woman living there.  Now Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair, a write-in candidate for president, is accused of squatting.

By FOX 2 News Staff

DETROIT -- A woman who made international headlines for allegedly squatting in a Detroit home and living alongside its owner and her young daughter said Tuesday that she has left and will be moving her possessions out.

Heidi Peterson told FOX 2's Taryn Asher last week that when she returned to her house after several months, Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair had moved in and wouldn't leave.

Also See: Forced to live alongside squatter in my Detroit house, woman says

"She's confused.  She doesn't know my motives.  She thought that I was going to take her property, but I wouldn't do that because I wouldn't be blessed by God.  I wouldn't have good luck if I take this property knowing that she has an interest in it," Blair said.

"My thoughts are that this is not the first time that she's moving out, so what's going to stop her from coming back?" said Peterson.

"This is my property.  I bought it.  I don't want people coming here and reconstructing my property, and I don't appreciate the City of Detroit workers saying that it's not a crime to damage my property and that by cutting down all my bushes and trees that she was doing a good job."

Blair claimed she and Peterson are just two friends have a disagreement.

Blair declined to say where she's living now, citing security concerns as she campaigns for president as a write-in candidate.

NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.

Friday Night Live: July 25, 2014

Friday, July 25 2014 10:31 PM EDT2014-07-26 02:31:59 GMT
    This is Fox 5's Friday Night Live, a weekly celebration of the end of the work week. All summer long, the Fox 5 team brings you the latest in entertainment, nightlife, food, and music in our area. In this jam-packed episode: QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning, Stephen "Twitch" Boss, actress Mary Lynn Rajskub, and Michael Chernow and Chef Daniel Holzman of the Meatball Shop.

G subway line shutting down for 5 weeks

Friday, July 25 2014 9:37 PM EDT2014-07-26 01:37:26 GMT
    Beginning Friday night, a portion of the G subway line that connects Brooklyn and Queens will be shut down for five weeks.
    The MTA says there will be no service between the Nassau Avenue station in Greenpoint and Court Square in Long Island City until Sept. 2.

FBI joins the search for Armada teen's killer

Friday, July 25 2014 11:08 PM EDT2014-07-26 03:08:38 GMT
    The FBI has joined the investigation team searching for the killer of a 14-year-old Armada girl, April Millsap. Authorities also say they are now looking for a small motorcycle in addition to the gray, dented van seen in the area.

Vandals damage historic Detroit cemetery

Friday, July 25 2014 10:38 PM EDT2014-07-26 02:38:55 GMT
    Police are looking for suspects after vandals disturb the peace at a historic Detroit cemetery. Someone broke into a mausoleum and made a mess with spray paint and ashes.

Man hospitalized after run-in with Ecorse police

Friday, July 25 2014 10:05 PM EDT2014-07-26 02:05:54 GMT
    Witnesses and lawyers say a man was attacked by Ecorse police Monday morning even though he was complying with police demands.