Workers at celebrity chef Mario Batali's New York City eatery Del Posto have settled a lawsuit against the restaurant with an agreement that gives them $1.15 million along with paid vacation and sick days.
The Restaurant Opportunities Center of New York, which had been working with the 31 employees, announced Monday that a judge had approved the settlement.
The advocacy group's statement said Del Posto and its principals denied the workers' allegations, which had included tip misappropriation and lost overtime. A lawyer for Del Posto declined to comment.
A lawyer for the workers said the agreement now gives all non-managerial employees at Del Posto, not just the plaintiffs, three paid sick days and five paid vacation days per year.
Batali's Manhattan restaurants also include Babbo and Bar Jamon.