Medical examiner: Slain father hit in head 4 times - New York News

Medical examiner: Slain father hit in head 4 times

Posted: Updated:
Patrick Mikes Jr. in court on Monday. Patrick Mikes Jr. in court on Monday.
TROY, Mich. (WJBK) -

Oakland County's chief medical examiner says a 55-year-old Troy man found dead in a cornfield was struck in the head at least four times with an "oblong blunt object" like a pipe or baseball bat.
 
Dr. L.J. Dragovic testified Monday during a probable cause hearing for 22-year-old Patrick Mikes Jr., who is charged with murder in his father's death and faces up to life in prison if tried and convicted. Mikes Jr. pleaded not guilty and remains jailed.
 
Dragovic says he examined evidence collected from Patrick Mikes Sr.'s home, including clothes "saturated with blood."
 
Prosecutors say the son dumped his father's body in Genesee County's Montrose Township. Mikes Jr. reported his father missing, saying he left their Troy home on his bike July 27.  The body was found Aug. 10.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Report: health risks at some nail salons

    Report: health risks at some nail salons

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:28 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:28:27 GMT
    One of the most surprising findings in a report from the New York City public advocate is that city officials have virtually no authority over how nail salons are run. The city can't enforce standards like they do with restaurants, so it's clearly a case of beauty buyer beware. We get our nails done without thinking too much about it.
    One of the most surprising findings in a report from the New York City public advocate is that city officials have virtually no authority over how nail salons are run. The city can't enforce standards like they do with restaurants, so it's clearly a case of beauty buyer beware. We get our nails done without thinking too much about it.
  • Car strikes toddler; driver arrested

    Car strikes toddler; driver arrested

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:15 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:15:49 GMT
    Police on Long Island say a 30-year-old driver has been arrested in connection with an accident that injured a 3-year-old girl being pushed in a stroller. Police say Scott Shea of Middle Island was driving a Jeep northbound on William Floyd Parkway, just south of Montauk Highway, when he struck the toddler at about 3:45 p.m. Monday.
    Police on Long Island say a 30-year-old driver has been arrested in connection with an accident that injured a 3-year-old girl being pushed in a stroller. Police say Scott Shea of Middle Island was driving a Jeep northbound on William Floyd Parkway, just south of Montauk Highway, when he struck the toddler at about 3:45 p.m. Monday.
  • Lawsuit settlements reached in Metro-North crash

    Lawsuit settlements reached in Metro-North crash

    Monday, September 15 2014 8:39 PM EDT2014-09-16 00:39:39 GMT
    Four of 28 people who sued the Metro-North Railroad in federal court after being injured in a Bridgeport train crash last year have settled with the commuter railroad.
    Four of 28 people who sued the Metro-North Railroad in federal court after being injured in a train crash in Connecticut last year have settled with the commuter railroad.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices