Detroit Rapper Young Cartier says he's not a squatter - New York News

Detroit Rapper Young Cartier says he's not a squatter

Posted: Updated:
Young Cartier  (Credit: MyFox Detroit) Young Cartier (Credit: MyFox Detroit)

By ALEXIS WILEY
MyFox Detroit Reporter

DETROIT (MyFox Detroit
) -- He is accused of squatting in a home and ripping it apart, taking anything and everything of value before the new owners could move in.  Fox 2 spoke Wednesday to Clyde Burner, a.k.a. Young Cartier, the self-proclaimed rapper suspected of causing all the damage.

We first showed you the inside of a Detroit home on Five Points that had been completely stripped Tuesday night. The couple prepared to buy the home believe it was done by squatters. A notebook found inside the house led to Young Cartier.

He called Fox 2 and said he wanted to clear his name.  He told us that he and his girlfriend are not squatters and he has money.  That's the point he wanted to make.  He said he has money.

"I never lived there.  I was a visitor," he told Fox 2's Alexis Wile. "My girl land contracted a house.  I was a visitor.  I've got my own house," he replied.  "My girl don't have to squat. Come on, why would we squat?"

She may have not needed to squat, but that's exactly what she was doing. No one should have been living in the home. It was officially listed on the market July 14 and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development accepted an offer from Ken and Lorna Spencer on July 21.

Young Cartier contends that when his girlfriend did move out, the home was in perfect condition, contrary to what video shows. He says his foot was crushed in a work accident and is on disability for life.

"We'll buy this house like it is right now, no furnace, no hot water tank... nothing.  We can buy it," he added. "I'll buy it in front of Fox 2."

Watch Alexis Wile's video report for more of her interview with Young Cartier.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Federal authorities to monitor Newark police

    Federal authorities to monitor Newark police

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 9:37 PM EDT2014-07-23 01:37:12 GMT
    Newark police engaged in the excessive use of force, routinely stopped people on the street for no legitimate reason and regularly stole property from civilians, the U.S. Department of Justice concluded in a report released Tuesday that set the stage for federal monitoring of the police department that serves New Jersey's largest city. The report is the culmination of a three-year investigation begun months after the American Civil Liberties Union filed a complaint.
    Newark police engaged in the excessive use of force, routinely stopped people on the street for no legitimate reason and regularly stole property from civilians, the U.S. Department of Justice concluded in a report released Tuesday that set the stage for federal monitoring of the police department that serves New Jersey's largest city. The report is the culmination of a three-year investigation begun months after the American Civil Liberties Union filed a complaint.
  • White flags raised at Brooklyn Bridge

    White flags raised at Brooklyn Bridge

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 9:22 PM EDT2014-07-23 01:22:00 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating a major security breach at the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the most highly secured landmarks in New York City. Two white flags — international symbols of surrender — fluttered from poles on the stone supports that hold cables above the bridge connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan. The flags had a faint appearance of the stars and stripes. The American flags that are normally up at the bridge appeared to have been removed.
    The NYPD is investigating a major security breach at the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the most highly secured landmarks in New York City. Two white flags — international symbols of surrender — fluttered from poles on the stone supports that hold cables above the bridge connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan. The flags had a faint appearance of the stars and stripes. The American flags that are normally up at the bridge appeared to have been removed.
  • FAA bans all flights to Tel Aviv airport

    FAA bans all flights to Tel Aviv airport

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 8:52 PM EDT2014-07-23 00:52:42 GMT
    The Federal Aviation Administration has banned U.S. carriers from flying to Israel's main airport for 24 hours. The FAA made the announcement at about 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday. This comes after two U.S. airlines cancelled all flights to Israel until further notice following a rocket landing near the Ben-Gurion Airport earlier in the day.
    The Federal Aviation Administration has banned U.S. carriers from flying to Israel's main airport for 24 hours. The FAA made the announcement at about 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday. This comes after two U.S. airlines cancelled all flights to Israel until further notice following a rocket landing near the Ben-Gurion Airport earlier in the day.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices