If you were wondering what the "in" crowd of New York City is into these days, the answer is bubbles. They're covering themselves in them.
Webster Hall hosted a party called "ELECTRIC FLURRY: The World's Largest Foam Party!" last Saturday night, where suds rained down on dancers in what was described as the largest foam party in the world. It was the lower east side venues first dip into the foam business.
These types of parties aren't new but are growing in popularity across the country.
All reviews we found posted on Webster's site are good, but according to Meghan Seidner there was one big problem that left her much more than just soaked in suds.
The 5-foot-tall college student and says she was completely covered head to toe in foam and was crammed between hundreds of people. She says she couldn't breathe and ended up swallowing a lot of soap.
She says when her boyfriend pushed her out of the way, bouncers thought he was attacking her and they eventually booted the pair from the club.
Experts say the placement of foam machines at Webster didn't break any industry standards.
We couldn't find any reports of anyone ever choking to death on the bubbles at a foam party.
But inhaling or swallowing too much of the bubbles can cause nausea and vomiting.
Meghan says she doesn't want what happened to her to happen to anyone else.
We contacted Webster, but have not heard back from club management.
Because of the success of the last party the club plans to throw another foam bash later this month.