Sarah Bruning appeared on Good Day New York to talk about events going on around the city this weekend.
1) Public Art displays all over the city in public parks. Our favorites: the works on Governors Island and in Madison Square Park
2) Waterfront hangouts -- we mention five different parks and what each one is best for
3) Water sports -- free outrigging lessons on weekends through Sept 3
4) If it rains… The Yayoi Kasama exhibit at the Whitney, of special interest due to the artist's recent collaboration with Louis Vuitton
5) Time Out New York curated booth at the Brooklyn Flea. Top designer goods, selected by our Style editors, all priced under $100. Proceeds are all going to Citymeals On Wheels, a program that delivers food to homebound elderly New Yorkers.
iAdventure.com's 1st Annual BBQ Blow Out
At: Greenwich Village Country Club (above Bowlmor Lanes) in Union Square - 110 University Place
Time: Session 1 - 12-3pm (doors open at 11am)
Session 2 - 5-8pm (doors open at 4pm)
Admission Tickets can also be purchased at the door on the day of the event, BOTH sessions for $25 and food tastes can be purchased separately at the event
Featured vendors/restaurants include: Little Town NYC, Village Pourhouse, Award Winning Pit Master Michael Rodriguez from Texas (headliner), Southern Hospitality, Harley's Smokeshack & BBQ, Sausage Inc, Bacon Bites
**Also including a BBQ Sauce Tasting Station featuring sauces from Slick's Big Time BBQ and Tom's Bootleg BBQ
Live performance by singer Caitlin Bell@