Orlando man given George Zimmerman's old cell phone number bomba - New York News

Orlando man given George Zimmerman's old cell phone number bombarded with death threats

Posted: Updated:
  • 911 CallsMore>>

  • 911 calls released in Sanford shooting

    911 calls released in Sanford shooting

    Wednesday, April 11 2012 9:52 AM EDT2012-04-11 13:52:36 GMT
    Sanford Police have released the 911 calls placed on the night of a fatal shooting which took the life of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
    Sanford Police have released the 911 calls placed on the night of a fatal shooting which took the life of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
  • Exclusive InterviewMore>>

  • Robert Zimmerman interview

    Robert Zimmerman interview

    For the first time since that fateful night on February 26, the father of a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager sat down for a television interview.
    For the first time since that fateful night on February 26, the father of a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager sat down for a television interview.

 

At the age of 49, Orlando man Junior Alexander Guy finally bought his first cell phone. Within days he wished he hadn't.

At all hours of the day and night, the phone would ring and callers would insult and threaten him.

He quickly worked out that the number he had been given by T-Mobile previously belonged to Trayvon Martin murder accused George Zimmerman, The Orlando Sentinel reported, and was the number Zimmerman gave to 911 dispatchers the night of his fatal clash with Martin.

When his 911 call was released, his phone number ---407-435-2400 -- became widely known. Zimmerman got rid of the number and it was reissued to Guy.

"At two o'clock, three o'clock in the morning I kept getting these [calls]," Guy said.

In all, he got about 70 threatening calls between May 7, when he bought the phone, and May 16, when he gave it to a lawyer -- who is petitioning T-Mobile to pay damages to Guy.

T-Mobile refused, saying it gave Guy a new number and provided an account credit.

It also made the sensible decision to retire the number to prevent another innocent party ending up on the receiving end of death threats.

Zimmerman, 28, was charged with second-degree murder in April after he shot and killed the unarmed Martin, a 17-year-old African-American, in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26.

He claims the shooting was in self-defense and has pleaded not guilty.

The six-week interval between Martin's death and Zimmerman's arrest sparked nationwide protests, with many claiming the shooting was racially motivated.SOURCE LINK: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-07/news/os-george-zimmerman-old-phone-number-20120606_1_t-mobile-cell-phone-phone-number

NewsCore

 

  • Photos of Casey Anthony

  • Click here to see photos of Casey Anthony through the months.
  • Trayvon Martin Coverage

  • Click here for stories, photos and 911 calls from the Trayvon Martin case.

Follow us on Pinterest

 

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Port Authority could rescind $1 NJ Transit lease

    Port Authority could rescind $1 NJ Transit lease

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 2:57 PM EDT2014-04-23 18:57:07 GMT
    NJ TransitNJ Transit
    The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is holding its monthly board meeting, two days after it heard from a panel on what it needs to do to improve its accountability and efficiency and restore public trust.
    The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey could rescind a $1-a-year lease for a park-and-ride lot near the Lincoln Tunnel. The agency's chief of real estate and development told a committee Wednesday that it should change a deal made in 2012. Published reports have alleged that former Port Authority chairman David Samson voted to approve the lease even though his law firm did business with New Jersey Transit, which operates the park-and-ride lot.
  • Toddler falls from 3-story window, not hurt

    Toddler falls from 3-story window, not hurt

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 2:04 PM EDT2014-04-23 18:04:22 GMT
    New York City police say a 2-year-old boy fell out of a third-story window overnight but was not hurt.
    New York City police say a 2-year-old boy fell out of a third-story window overnight but was not hurt.
  • Spy device Tweets private conversations

    Spy device Tweets private conversations

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:41 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:41:49 GMT
    A tiny new spy device aims to automatically transcribe and Tweet overheard conversations. It's called Conversnitch.  Brian House and Kyle McDonald are behind the eavesdropping device.  They say it bridges the gap between (presumed) private physical space and public space online.
    A tiny new spy device aims to automatically transcribe and Tweet overheard conversations. It's called Conversnitch.  Brian House and Kyle McDonald are behind the eavesdropping device.  They say it bridges the gap between (presumed) private physical space and public space online.

FOX 35 Weather Authority

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices