Chicago's Most Wanted Armando Zabillaga - New York News

Chicago's Most Wanted Armando Zabillaga

Posted:


 It’s been twelve years since cook county prosecutors charged 38 year old Armando Zabillaga with killing his room mate. Police say Zabillaga fatally stabbed, Keith Ferguson, on November 1, 1998, after the two men argued over rent money. Both men lived in an apartment in the two thousand block of north Lawler.


Investigators got a break in the case a few days later when a witness came forward stating his car had been car jacked by Zabillaga immediately following the murder. The witness told police he had been in an apartment the two men shared earlier that day. He left to get something to eat and when he returned, he saw Zabillaga running from the building. According the witness, Zabillaga was covered with blood and had been cut. Investigators say Zabillaga got in the witness's car. As the two men began to drive to a hospital, the witness told police Zabillaga pulled a blood stained knife, threatened him and then forced him out of the car.

Police found the car a few days later in Chicago and Zabillaga has not been seen since. FBI agents say Zabillaga may have returned to his native Mexico. They also say he may now be back in Chicago since more than a decade has passed.

Here is a description of what agents say Zabillaga looks like. He is described as a Hispanic male,5' 4", 150 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He also has tattoos on his left leg and right arm.

Zabillaga is considered armed and dangerous.

If you have any information about this case, call Chicago FBI at (312) 421-6700.
 

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:48 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:48:12 GMT
    Connecticut State NewsConnecticut State News
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
    Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.  James Toigo has been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, reckless endangerment, breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and possessing large-capacity magazines.
  • Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Harlem politician Basil Paterson dead

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:41 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:41:03 GMT
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
    Basil Paterson, the father of former New York Governor David Paterson, died Wednesday night at the age of 87. The trailblazing Democratic politician from Harlem served in the state Senate, as deputy mayor of New York City, as secretary of state of New York and was appointed by the New York Senate as a commissioner of the Port Authority of NY and NJ. In 1970, he ran for lieutenant governor, the second black nominee of a major party for statewide office in New York.
  • Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man

    Thursday, April 17 2014 8:20 AM EDT2014-04-17 12:20:44 GMT
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
    A recently exonerated New York man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers contributing to an online fund for him. About 70 people gave a total of more than $3,400 to the campaign for Jonathan Fleming by Wednesday. Fleming was released last week after a judge dismissed the 1989 case, with Brooklyn prosecutors' assent.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices