Chicago's Most Wanted Francisco Ruiz - New York News

Chicago's Most Wanted Francisco Ruiz

Posted:


FBI agents are hoping time is on their side when it comes to solving a murder case that happened on the city's southwest side nearly thirty years ago.

Forty-seven year old Francisco Ruiz has been on the run since the summer of 1982. That's when investigators say he fatally stabbed another south side man, Victor Robledo, in a garage. Ruiz was nineteen years old.

Police say Ruiz and several men severely beat Robledo in a garage in the 2400 block of South Sacramento then dragged him in to a vehicle with four or five men waiting inside. They say the car sped down an alley to the corner, then the men inside threw the vicitm out of the car. Investigators add Robledo staggered away from the street, and was later found stabbed to death.

A month after the murder, a witness came forward saying Ruiz was involved and had threatened him, investigators said. Ruiz has been the primary suspect ever since. Police never found a motive for the case, but believe the murder had been planned.

Although it happened years ago, this case is back on investigators' desks as part of a cold case initiative by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department.

Police know Ruiz has left the country following the murder and tried to re-enter since then. IN 2006, they say customs and immigration officers in Yuma, Arizona, stopped him from crossing into the U.S. from Mexico. He was using a fake name at the time, and his real identity wasn't discovered until later. They believe this wasn't his only attempt to return. Chicago FBI Special Agent Ross Rice says Ruiz has an ex-wife and several children that still live in the Chicago area. Rice adds, "We know he's been in the area before so there's a good chance he's here now."

Here's a description of what agents say Ruiz looks like. He is described as a Hispanic male, 5' 7", 150 pounds, with black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion

He is considered armed and dangerous.

If you have any information about this case, call the Chicago FBI at (312) 421-6700.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Newark school enrollment problems

    Newark school enrollment problems

    Friday, August 22 2014 5:17 PM EDT2014-08-22 21:17:11 GMT
    The school year in Newark is getting off to a rocky start. Classes start in less than two weeks and parents are still waiting in line for hours to find out where their kids are enrolled. The problem is being blamed on a glitch in the school's new online open enrollment system. To say mother of three Jennifer Caraballo is frustrated may be an understatement. She is one of hundreds of Newark parents desperately now trying to find a new school for her children.
    The school year in Newark is getting off to a rocky start. Classes start in less than two weeks and parents are still waiting in line for hours to find out where their kids are enrolled. The problem is being blamed on a glitch in the school's new online open enrollment system. To say mother of three Jennifer Caraballo is frustrated may be an understatement. She is one of hundreds of Newark parents desperately now trying to find a new school for her children.
  • U.S. Open preview

    U.S. Open preview

    Friday, August 22 2014 4:52 PM EDT2014-08-22 20:52:40 GMT
    Heading into the U.S. Open, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have won 36 of the past 38 Grand Slam titles, a stretch dating to the 2005 French Open. Nowadays, there seems to be a growing sense — or hope, maybe — among the best of the rest on the men's tennis tour that the quartet might be more vulnerable than ever.
    Heading into the U.S. Open, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have won 36 of the past 38 Grand Slam titles, a stretch dating to the 2005 French Open. Nowadays, there seems to be a growing sense — or hope, maybe — among the best of the rest on the men's tennis tour that the quartet might be more vulnerable than ever.
  • Mark David Chapman

    John Lennon's killer denied parole again

    John Lennon's killer denied parole again

    Friday, August 22 2014 4:10 PM EDT2014-08-22 20:10:09 GMT
    John Lennon's killer was denied release from prison in his eighth appearance before a parole board, New York corrections officials said Friday. The decision on Mark David Chapman by a three-member board came after a hearing Wednesday, the state Department of Corrections said. Chapman fired five shots on Dec. 8, 1980, outside the Dakota apartment house where Lennon lived on Manhattan's Upper West Side, hitting the ex-Beatle four times.
    John Lennon's killer was denied release from prison in his eighth appearance before a parole board, New York corrections officials said Friday. The decision on Mark David Chapman by a three-member board came after a hearing Wednesday, the state Department of Corrections said. Chapman fired five shots on Dec. 8, 1980, outside the Dakota apartment house where Lennon lived on Manhattan's Upper West Side, hitting the ex-Beatle four times.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices